Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What should be the breath of life...

[i'm cheating with this one. i wrote this as a facebook "note" a while back, but i feel that i have not thoroughly gotten my point across, hence the re-post]


...inevitably turns into the kiss of death when it comes to the endeavors of one, Lee Pace.


I'm too lazy/tired/apathetic to come up with catchy, witty introductions/explanations
for each of the following examples, but the point is, I don't get it. Three brilliant, refreshing works of art (I'm only slightly exaggerating on the first, even less on the second, and not at all on the third) canceled after one season, two seasons, or that just barely escaped being scrapped before the script could even fall (no pun intended...no, really) into Lee Pace's hands.



1.) Wonderfalls (2004) Written by Brian Fuller
Starring: Lee Pace, Caroline Dhavernas, Tyron Leitso
Airtime: One Season
Episode Guide: http://www.tv.com/wonderfalls/show/18158/episode.html
Stream Episodes Here (please don't get me arrested for this, I'm doing you guys a favor): http://www.tv-links.cc/tv/wonderfalls.htm



2.) Pushing Daisies (2007-2009) Written by Brian Fuller
Starring: Lee Pace, Anna Friel, Chi McBride, Jim Dale (best narrator EVER), and Kristin Chenoweth
Airtime: Two Seasons
Episode Guide: http://www.tv.com/pushing-daisies/show/68663/episode.html?tag=page_nav;episode
Stream Episodes Here: http://tv-links.cc/tv/Pushing-Daisies.htm



3.) The Fall (2006) Written/directed by Tarsem Singh
Starring: Lee Pace, Catinca Untaru, Justine Waddell, Kim Uylenbroek
Ok, so obviously, as this was a movie as opposed to a television show, it wasn't canceled - but it could have been EVEN WORSE: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080603/PEOPLE/868926055
And to this day, most people have never heard of, much less seen it (thanks Benny - I owe you for this one.)


I don't remember where I was going with this.

Oh yeah.

Lee Pace is awesome.
All of these were awesome.
And I'm super pissed off that the first two shows were canceled. Super pissed. As someone who admittedly has questionable taste when it comes to things of this nature (I love Harper's Island...I don't care, it was great), the fact that these were canceled while shows like "The Hills" and "CSI version 11.4 - Solving Crimes in Space" are still going strong makes me want to...I don't know...throw things or something.

Don't you worry, Lee, things are gonna turn around. One of these days someone on the Real World/Road Rules Challenge is going to die tragically in the inferno, directly causing the downfall of Reality TV, and you will be able to work your magic, once again.



1 comment:

  1. Hey you. :) I love Lee Pace also. AND especially Pushing Daisies. That show was, like, critic bait. They adored it. I adored it!

    And I miss it.

    Do you have the cable? If so, have you heard of United States of Tara? (on Showtime?)

    If so, my God, that show is so up your alley.

    ReplyDelete